You think you have seen the coolest of camera’s, the obviously you haven’t seen the GoPro Hero8 Black.
At first glance, the GoPro Hero 8 Black retains the same traditional body design; however, eagle-eyed GoPro users will notice a slight, yet important, tweak to this design. GoPro has added folding fingers to the body of the Hero8 Black and the Max 360 camera. What this means is that the traditional GoPro mount is now built into the camera and mounts and accessories can now attach directly to the camera itself. You no longer need to use the cage.
At the front of this “little but powerful” camera, it has a monochrome display (Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 1080p Live Streaming) which gives a wide range view and behind the camera is a fixed lens shielded with a smash and scratch resistant glass that is double times resistant than the Hero7. Now obviously you should expect the microphone to have a better audio capturing… Really crazy right?
Wait, did I mention this is a pocket able camera that can fit into the pocket of the skinniest jeans? So mind blowing. This is the best camera you can use as a vlogger or take with you on a adventure.
On the left side of the camera it has a water proof door that contains a MicroSD Card slot and the. And lastly on top is the record button and to the right is the power button.
But there is a bit of disappointment, as the lens shield cannot be replaced. Unlike the previous GoPros’, the shield can be tilted and removed for replacement incase of scratch.
Just like is said earlier, the GoPro Hero8 is the best and advisable camera for a vlogger or a live streamer because it has the best camera qualities. Inside the GoPro Hero 8 Black is a 12-megapixel sensor that can record 4K (3840 x 2160) footage at 60, 50, 30, 25 and 24fps in 16:9, as well as 4:3 4K at 30, 25 and 24fps. Slow-motion fans will appreciate its 2.7K at 120 and 100fps capability. The Hero8 Black can also record 2.7K in 16:9 at 60, 50, 30, 25 and 24fps, or50, 50, 30, 25 and 24fps 4:3 footage.
You can also record super slow-motion movies at 240 or 200fps in 1080p, 960p or 720p resolution. This allows users to produce 8x slow-motion movies.
The camera is water proof and it has 3 level of stabilization– On, High and Boost. Gives 12MP photos with improved HDR – while in motion or stationary – with reduced blur and serious detail, even in low-light areas. Video Capture Resolution of 4K UHD 2160p
The Hero8 comes with a 1 Lithium ion batteries and it lasts for about 2 – 3 hours on a single charge. Really nice battery life from such a little device.
The Price of the Hero8 is about 260k – 280k in Nigeria.
GOPRO HERO 8 BLACK REVIEW: SPECS AND FEATURES
- Weight: 126g (no frame required)
- Dimensions: 66.3W x 48.6H x 28.4D (mm)
- Video: 4K60, 2.7K120, 1080P240
- Photo: 12MP
- Max video bit rate: 100Mbps (4K)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- App: GoPro App integrated with Quik
- SoC: GP1 Chip
- Digital lenses: SuperView, Wide, Linear, Narrow
- Burst: 12MP 3, 5, 10 and 30fps with burst options of 1, 3, 6 and 10 seconds
- Time Lapse: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30-second and 1, 2, 5 and 30-minute intervals
- TimeWarp 2.0: 2x, 5x,10x 15x and 30x recording speeds
- Night Lapse: 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30-second and 1, 2, 5 and 30-minute intervals
- Touchscreen: Intuitive 2-inch LCD
- Waterproofing: 10m (33ft) without a case
- GPS: Yes
- Voice control: Yes
- Microphones: three
- Battery: removable 1220mAh lithium-ion
- Stabilisation: HyperSmooth 2.0 with High and Boost options
- HDR: SuperPhoto, auto HDR processing
- Live Streaming: Yes, via app
- Other: Portrait mode, auto orientation
- Memory storage: microSD with at least class 10 or UHS-I rating
If you need a handy camera with amazing high quality image, the Hero8 might just be the game saver.
Please leave a comment on your thoughts and observation down the comment section below.