The Google Pixel 4a is the most impressive, aggressive phone Google has ever made. Unlike the last year 3a which was so easy to recommend, Pixel 4a has a tough competition. Thanks to maybe the delay.
The Google Pixel 4a is a real simple one, so it comes with a more excellent camera, but this year it’s only comes in a single spec.
Google Pixel 4a Key Specs:
- 5.81 inches OLED display
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM
- 12.2MP single rear camera
- 8MP selfie camera
- Fast charging 18W
- Non-removable Li-Po 3140mAh
The phone out of the box looks small (it’s actually small). The phone just like its predecessor is made of plastic. Google has made this their tradition and embraced it.
It’s a Matt black plastic all way round, which gives the phone an exceptional look and of course feels light on hand. It has a very noticeable camera bump that house a single rear camera and LED flash. A fingerprint sensor on the back of the device.
On the right side of the phone is a light colored power button along with the volume rocker button. Also a 3.5mm headphone jack on the top.
First off, it’s glad to know that Google has fixed their bezel problem, unlike the former version with huge bezels. It is a 5.8inches screen with a full HD+ OLED display with 60Hz screen refresh rate at 443PPI, which makes the phone sharper than the iPhone SE.
A punch hole cut out for the selfie camera. Some people may not like the punch hole but I mean it’s better than a notch. Also with a decent range of brightness and good viewing angles. The display on the Pixel 4a seems quite impressive.
The Pixel 4a has a single rear camera of 12.2MP and shots on this phone will appear outstanding. Though it doesn’t have a second telephoto camera but when you zoom in and take a photo it uses software to take multiple frames and fines them to enhance details.
The 8MP selfie camera also appears to give amazing shots with the help of FOV and EIS support. You’ll be shooting like a pro with the Google Pixel 4a.
A Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor based on 8nm+ process technology is the kick-start on this device. The Google Pixel 4a is expected to get 3 years of Android update. That is buyers should be assured of getting upgrades up to Android 13.
It is fast enough for day-to-day use. It’s the kind of phone I would be happy to use everyday.
This time Google decided to serve only one dish. The phone comes in only 128GB of storage, runs on 6GB of RAM. No SD card support.
Pixel 4a is powered by a non-removable battery of 3140mAh. According to Google it should last for a whole day of usage with talk time, data, standby and features.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY IN NIGERIA
For the price of the Google Pixel 4a in Nigeria it should cost about N132,000 Nigerian naira which is equivalent to $350. Prices vary depending on your location.
The Pixel 4a will be available in Nigeria, other African countries and also in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Japan, Australia, Canada and India.
FULL SPECIFICATION ON GOOGLE PIXEL 4a
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66, 71
- 5G Bands: NO
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/75 Mbps
COLORS: Just Black.
- Dimension: 144 x 69.4 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 143g
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- SIM Count: Dual Nano-SIM and/or eSIM
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.81 inches, 83.2 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~443 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
PLATFORM: Android 10
- Type: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- Speed: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM Size: 6GB
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Card Support: No
- Type: 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- Features: LED flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS
- Type: 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12µm
- Features: Auto-HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: Unspecified
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Noise cancelation, built-in mobile payment, image editor, document editor.
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Non-removable Li-Po 3140mAh
- Fast charging 18W
- USB Power Delivery 2.0
In conclusion, the Google Pixel 4a is a take home for me. But if you’re looking for more added features, there are other high end phones you can get.
Drop your thoughts and ideas about the Pixel 4a in the comment section.